Fidelity Bank Goes Green In More Ways Than One
“We’re constantly encouraging our customers to be economically responsible with their finances and by going green with our new building, this is our way of demonstrating our commitment to being economically and environmentally responsible,” says Dan Santaniello, Executive Vice President & Chief Operating Officer at Fidelity.
Scheduled to open in August 2008, the new branch will feature various eco-friendly features including:
- High-energy efficient frosted glass which will change the lighting in the branch based upon the sun’s orientation
- Carpet tiles which will allow only portions of the floor to be replaced over time
- 100% recycled upholstery fabrics and zero Volatile Organic Compound (VOC) paint
- Occupancy sensors that will turn lights off automatically if a particular room isn’t in use
- Automatic and low-flow bathroom fixtures
- Forest Stewardship Council (FSC) Certified woods which ensures that the wood comes from responsible sources that promote habitat preservation, protection of indigenous peoples and water conservation
Maybe the most striking green element is the building’s swooping, “cool roof”, made of silver and white metals which reflect sunlight instead of absorbing it. A cool roof like Fidelity’s dramatically cuts down on Urban Heat Island Effect, which causes the air temperature of the surrounding community to rise.
In addition, the new West Scranton branch will feature lounge space, a financial resource center and full service café, operated by another local business, Zummo’s Café. Zummo’s uses Electric City Roasting coffee which is Fair Trade Certified. The certification means that a portion of proceeds are used to enforce safe and fair labor conditions, environmental sustainability and more.
Designed by DxDempsey, Fidelity’s thirteenth branch is the first and only financial institution in the area built with so many environmentally sustainable components.
“We’ve really had a lot of fun with being green”, says Santaniello. “Our entire grand opening is being planned around Fidelity’s Great Green Giveaway theme. We’ll be giving away a brand new hybrid car, plasma TVs and more. Plus, we’ll have everything from pony rides and jugglers to professional document shredding, all free to the public.”
For more information, please contact Noelle Lantka, Marketing Specialist, at (570) 504-8038 or via email, email@example.com.