Pennsylvania Paper and Supply Updates Tower
Pennsylvania Paper and Supply Company, in business since 1922, has restored its landmark tower, which is the opening shot of the NBC comedy series, “the office”. The now famous tower was constructed in 1882. The original building was located on Lackawanna Avenue. Right now the company is in its 3rd generation of ownership. Douglas Fink serves as the current CEO-President for the 140 employees that work within the organization.
The building in which the tower stands is comprised of two adjacent buildings. The tall brick building used to be a locomotive shop, Dickson Works and is on the National Register of Historic Places. The other building was previously the Quackenbush warehouse.
In addition, the building currently serves as a personal and business file storage center, called Flexstore.
Pennsylvania Paper and Supply Company receives many guests during the year that are not just visiting to take pictures of the opening shot of “the office”, but to see a piece of history along with it. The tower has some additional work to be down to make it officially complete inside and out, but the new face lift has truly made a difference in view from above, a view that reaches miles across the ever growing city.