Coping with the 30% electricity rate increase
The 30% increase on your business’s electric bills is HAPPENING NOW, but your local Chamber can help. Through a partnership with OnDemand Energy Solutions/ChamberChoice, Chamber members have the opportunity to buy electricity in bulk from a third-party supplier, reducing the price spike.
Members participating to date will collectively save over $2 million. Some examples of the annual savings that businesses are experiencing include:
· The Mall at Steamtown- $220,000
· Scranton Enterprise Center- $51,000
· DePietro Enterprises- The Medicine Shoppe Pharmacy- $2,600
· Everything Natural- $3,700
· Community Bank and Trust Company- $22,000
· Fidelity Bank- $30,000
· Pizza by Papas- $5,000
· Johnson College- $12,000
· Fell Charter School- $12,000
The OnDemand Energy Solutions/ChamberChoice buying pool is currently conducting open enrollment, with no cost to participate, but businesses must be members, in good standing, of The Greater Scranton Chamber of Commerce. Members can speak directly with representatives from OnDemand Energy Solutions and figure out how much they could save on energy by attending free seminars, held monthly at the Greater Scranton Chamber of Commerce. Upcoming seminars will be held:
· Thursday, January 14 at 1:00 PM & 4:00PM
· Thursday, February 11 at 8:30 AM, 1:00 PM, 4:00 PM or 7:00 PM
· Wednesday, March 10 at 8:30 AM, 11:00 AM or 1:00 PM
Contact Karen Durkin at 570-342-7711 extension 131 or firstname.lastname@example.org to reserve your seat.
If you cannot attend and would like to request additional information, please visit the Scranton Chamber’s website at www.scrantonchamber.com for additional information.