MetroAction provides small business loans in Northeastern Pennsylvania.
MetroAction loan products range in size from a minimum of $1,000 to a maximum of $100,000. Interest rate, term and loan amount are determined by the source used to fund the loan.
- The business must be located in MetroAction’s nine county service area. This includes the Pennsylvania counties of: Carbon, Lackawanna, Luzerne, Monroe, Pike, Schuylkill, Susquehanna, Wayne and Wyoming.
- Applicants must be at least 18 years old;
- Applicants must be legal US residents;
- Applicants must have a credit score greater than 500;
- The business must have less than 100 employees and less than $3 million in annual sales;
- The applicant must not have an existing active loan with MetroAction.
The loan fund is intended for the start up or expansion of a small business and is not intended for the purchase of, personal or non-business-related items.
- Loans to members of the staff, board and Loan Review Committee of MetroAction and the Greater Scranton Chamber of Commerce;
- Loans to entities owned by the above persons and their immediate family members;
- Loans to companies for the purpose of speculative real estate transactions nor to companies whose primary line of business is in speculative real estate;
- Unsecured loans for more than $10,000 ;
- Loans to individuals/entities engaged in illegal, disreputable or otherwise questionable activities decided by the loan review committee;
- Loans for investments, speculation, or to extend credit to other parties;
- Loans to non-profit organizations;
- Any business that has caused a prior loss to the government unless the delinquent federal debt or prior loss to the government is fully satisfied. Satisfaction must be verified by CAIVRS.